Spring is the season of blooming flowers and beauty all over the surrounding. Here in this article, we will discuss in detail all the spring house cleaning tips and tricks. The homeowners must make sure to integrate proper pest control services into their deep clean during the spring because all the pests have harsh effects on your health as well as on your home. To confirm your home is properly prepared for the season ahead, here is the list of the pests that could cause problems during the summer and how to keep them out.
- Ticks cause health issues to humans and animals, as they are known for transmitting diseases such as Rocky Mountain spotted fever and Lyme Disease. These pests classically hide out in tall grass or shrubbery and alongside roads or trails waiting for a host to walk by, so be sure to keep your yard well maintained and mowed. Significantly, you should remove a tick as soon as it is spotted on your body to reduce your chance of contracting a disease. You can reduce the chances of taking ticks into your home by wearing long sleeves and pants when outside, as well as bug repellent, which will also help for this purpose.
- Fleas are known best for frustrating pets like cats and dogs, these annoying pests can also bite and transmit diseases to humans. Fleas can cause allergic dermatitis and can spread the rare bubonic plague as well as tapeworm to pets. It is very important to frequently vacuum and washed linens. Outdoors, and lawns should be kept well-managed since fleas prefer to hide in tall grass. Fleas travel upon rodents, so eradicate any rodent harborage places such as dense bushes or trees. Pet owners should do flea checks after pets have been outdoor.
- Termites begin to horde at the start of the spring season when the weather gets warmer, putting owners at serious risk. Try to reduce moisture accumulation or humidity in the home through proper ventilation of creep spaces, attics, and basements to evade termites.
- Ants are real threats such as food contamination and inflated property damage. To sidestep this, try to seal the cracks and gaps that allow entry into your home. Stop ants from getting into the kitchen by throwing trash regularly. Moreover, remove moisture or standing water near the home and keep tree branches and other plants cut back from the house, as ants often use these as mid places in the home.
- House flies contaminate food surfaces by spreading disease organisms picked up on their legs and mouths when feeding on trash, feces, and other rotting materials. These common pests are known to transfer over hundreds of pathogens, including typhoid and salmonellosis. To evade this, keeping kitchen counters clear of food and often removing trash in a sealed tight bag is the best way to stop flies.
- Cockroaches produce serious health risks by spreading illnesses such as E. coli and Salmonella and can also activate asthma and allergy symptoms. Cockroaches are attracted to moisture and food sources. Vacuum regularly and stock your food in airtight bottles or flasks to keep cockroaches out. Besides, seal any cracks or crevices around the home and eliminate moisture buildup in attics, basements, and crawlspaces. Keep your kitchens and bathrooms clean, as these areas are mainly susceptible to cockroach infestations.
- Bed bugs are one of the most common pests homeowners meet, according to pest professionals. Although bed bugs do not spread any diseases, their bites can become red, tickly swellings, and an infestation can be difficult to control once it takes hold. Be sure to properly inspect all furniture and pay special attention to the layers of your mattress. Moreover, check areas where you find any signs of an infestation. Try to remove humidity.
- Always take professional help immediately. The professionals in this field are trained on how to get quickly and safely get rid of all the pests in your walls, attic, or anywhere else in your home.