Have you ever found a pest in your house and doubted “what kind of bug is this?” Are you worried about what pests may be damaging your property? The identification of insects and other pests can be complicated. That’s why we have developed complete pest and insect identification that will help you to determine what insects, rodents or pests are irritating you. The right pest identification will help you to.
- Decrease risks to your health and damage to your property.
- Save money and time with a quicker reaction to an infestation.
- Select the most effective pest control treatment by OMNI Pest Solutions.
Don’t wait for a pest problem to get worse! Call (314) 310-0902 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with our team of pest control experts today.
Around 700 species of ants are common and about 25 species commonly invade homes. Ants eat practically any kind of food but are especially attracted to sweets. Ant identification is relatively simple due to their three distinct body regions: head, thorax, and abdomen, as well as antennae. Ants can easily go ignored due to their small size, allowing infestations to rapidly expand without warning. If you do find signs of an ant infestation in your home. Contact OMNI Pest Solutions to inspect your home, perform proper ant species identification, and recommend a course of ant control and extermination.
Bed bugs likely get their name from their habit of taking refuge in beds and feeding on humans while they sleep. Bed bugs feed only on blood and must have regular blood meals to survive and develop. Humans are not bed bugs’ only targets, they also will attack many warm-blooded animals, including poultry and other birds.
- Appearance - Bed bugs are an oval shape and only grow to about 3/16th of an inch in length. Before feeding they are brown and flat. After feeding, bed bugs become redder in color, swollen, and elongated. Bed bugs have 6 legs and 2 antennae. Despite having reduced “wing pads,” bed bugs do not have wings and cannot fly. Adult bed bugs are visible to the human eye and can be detected by sight, especially within mattress seams and box springs.
- Signs of Infestation - Bed bugs are most easily identified by small reddish-brown faecal spots on mattresses, fabric, or walls. If these spots are found, it can indicate an infestation. Bites on the arms and legs are also a sign of bed bugs. While these bites can be small if they swell and become itchy. Infestations can also be identified by sightings of bed bug molt skins, their eggs, empty eggshells, or the bugs themselves. If you find any of these signs don’t delay contacting us. We are always here for your convenience
Cockroaches have been long hated by homeowners due to their creepy appearance. Cockroach pest control is very important for health and safety reasons because cockroaches are known to cause allergic reactions and trigger asthma attacks, especially in children. They also spread different kinds of bacteria including E. coli and Salmonella. If we talk about appearance, they are reddish-brown with a yellow band that outlines the area behind their head. They have different types.
- Signs of an Infestations - First, homeowners will see the fast-moving insects themselves usually fleeing to dark areas. Another sign of cockroach infestation is the presence of egg capsules, which are about 8 mm long and dark-colored. Egg capsules are sometimes glued to a surface near food sources and can be found in basements, laundry rooms and kitchens, as well as behind appliances or underneath cabinets. For these conditions contact us as early as possible as we have complete plans to get rid of these cockroaches.
Fleas are small, flightless parasites that feed on the blood of various warm-blooded animals. They can also bite humans and are the most common transmitter of the rare bubonic plague. While pet owners are primarily at risk for flea infestations.
- Appearance - The size of a flea varies between 1/12’’ to 1/6” in length and they tend to be dark red or brown. They are comparatively flat in shape and have two antennae and six legs. They do not possess wings, although their strong legs allow them to jump long distances. While they are a small pest, fleas can typically be seen with the naked eye. Adult fleas are equipped with bristles that point backwards, which allows them to move swiftly through fur, hair and feathers.
- Signs of a Flea Infestation - There are many signs of a flea infestation but the most common include scratching, hair loss and red bumps. You may also notice small black specks, which is usually flea faeces, scattered throughout pet beds, carpets, and rugs. Flea larvae are harder to find and is usually located in more secretive locations like behind furniture or inside the cracks of floors. These eggs are deposited on your pet If you see some of the above signs, you should contact us to completely remove the infestation.
Non-biting houseflies are responsible for transmitting diseases and contaminating food. For instance, flies can contaminate food and transferring more than 100 pathogens, including malaria, salmonella, and tuberculosis. Food contamination is one of the main reasons that fly pest control is so important. There are different types of flies like house flies, fruit flies and horse flies.
- Appearance - House flies are usually grey in appearance, fruit fly tan in color and horseflies have a blackish appearance with purple stripes. Female house flies are usually larger than males. House flies do not have teeth or a stinger.
- Signs of a House Fly Infestation - The most common sign of a housefly infestation is the presence of the flies, themselves. Larvae may also be seen crawling out of their breeding material as they pupate. Along with seeing house flies, people may hear them around the home. House flies produce a buzzing sound which is a result of their two wings beating together. To get rid of these contact us to get a perfect solution.
Mosquitoes are one of the most bothersome summertime pests. There are over 3,000 types of mosquitoes in the world. They vary in color, typically appearing grey with white, silver, green or iridescent blue scales. They have two wings, a set of antennae, slender bodies, and long legs.
- Signs of an Infestation - If you find you or your family are becoming covered in mosquito bites, chances are you have an infestation. The properties near marshes, ponds or lakes are at higher risk for an infestation. Additionally, stagnant water around the property in areas such as bird baths, kiddie pools and overturned grill and trash can cover can make for ideal mosquito breeding grounds and can signal their presence. The pests themselves are difficult to see during the day, as they typically come out at dawn and dusk.
There are thousands of spider species and may vary in size and colors. spotting webs in and around the home is the major sign of infestation. In this situation contact a well-reputed pest professional to inspect and treat the pest problem.
Different types of termites live inside your property. Either its dry wood termites, which burrow deep within wooden structures, or subterranean termites, which are mainly found underground, these subtle burglars can be tough to discover before any damage has already been done.
- Signs of infestation - Peeling paint, wood that sounds hollow when tapped, small, holes in drywall, tiles loosening from the added moisture due to termites in floor and Wood damage are main signs of infestation so contact for professional pest control solutions as soon as possible to completely getting rid of these termites.